Expand Your Student Reach with Virtual Programs
Powered by Apex Learning Digital Curriculum and Services
Why should districts create and maintain their own virtual programs?
Having a district virtual program and virtual school is a cost-effective way to expand learning opportunities to students. Whether students are in need of more advanced classes, looking to recover credits, traveling, participating in athletics, or just prefer virtual learning, you can still provide them access to a high-quality education. Offering's Apex Learning engaging, standards-based digital curriculum with your district teachers, our certified teachers, or a combination of both, will allow you to open many new doors for students.
How can a district virtual program benefit your schools and students?
- Offer summer school in a variety of ways to meet the needs of more students in a budget-friendly manner.
- Address teacher shortages, expand course offerings, and offer courses with low enrollment numbers.
- Serve students who prefer virtual learning or need flexible scheduling options.
- Reengage homeschool students and support traveling students to recover enrollments and funding.
- Meet NCAA eligibility requirements for student athletes.
- Serve hospitalized and homebound students.
- Reach at-risk students in a non-traditional format.
Virtual Solutions to Meet Multiple Student Needs
Like every student, every district has unique needs when it comes to virtual programs. Would a district-led virtual program using district teachers best meet your needs? Or would a turnkey solution using our teachers be a better choice? Or maybe it’s a blend of the two so you can meet a wider variety of student needs. Tailor your virtual program to your unique needs with expert help from Apex Learning.
A Turnkey Solution
A Virtual School Success Story
On this episode of the Opportunity Thrives podcast, hear from Tim Buckingham, the Virtual School Mentor at Big Rapids Public Schools, in Big Rapids, Michigan, as he shares the district’s process of launching, refining, and eventually hitting their stride with their virtual school.
This episode discusses how to integrate a virtual program, including pitfalls to avoid and strategies for getting it right the first time. Tim shares lessons learned (there are many!), how they have managed to increase student outcomes even in a pandemic, and practical suggestions for other districts as they consider how to develop their own virtual schools.
Partner with Apex Learning to Build and Grow Your District’s Virtual Program or School
Not all virtual programs look the same. In fact, many districts are running multiple virtual programs at a time. With Apex you pick and choose the elements you need to build a successful virtual program or virtual school:
- Implementation services
- Data analysis
- Success managers
- Marketing your programming
- Training and professional development